Tapping into IP Protection Resources with Draft Top's Armand Ferranti
In this episode, Branddy speaks to Armand Ferranti, President and Co-Founder of Draft Top, a manufacturer and distributor of one-of-a-kind bar tools. During the episode, they talk about how Draft Top was created, how knockoffs of the product surfaced just after their Kickstarter campaign, and the steps they've taken to protect their brand and enforce their IP.
They also discuss the benefits of getting a General Exclusion Order, how to create a veil around your brand for added protection, and why contingency lawsuits can be a more effective enforcement tool.
Get in touch with your host, Branddy Spence.
- The creation of Draft Top, a tool used to improve the experience of drinking from a can, and how Armand pitched the product on Shark Tank.
- How, after their Kickstarter campaign, knockoffs of Draft Top surfaced, and what steps they took to combat and enforce against counterfeits.
- The story of how Draft Top went about getting a General Exclusion Order with the International Trade Commission in order to have ports of entry monitored for counterfeit products.
- Other steps Draft Top took to enforce their IP and remove counterfeits from the internet, and the impacts to the company by doing so, like a drop in sales.
- Advice for other companies on how to protect their IP by creating a veil around their brand, and why contingency lawsuits can be a more effective strategy.
For the latest episodes, search for “Future of IP Protection” on Spotify, Apple, Google, or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the lastest IP Protection content from MarqVision.